Thursday 12 July 2007


I've not written in this for a while, so thought I might give it a few words and moments of my time.

I'm at work, I had a late, drunken night, and now I'm relying on the power of Taurine to get me through 'til hometime. Which is currently five and a half hours off. I have spent my day typing things and just trying to stay awake. Next weekend I get to prance around on various stages in the North East, have people clap at me (and maybe cheer) and drink myself stupid at some exciting sounding parties. The dual existence of the non-professional band is an odd one. One or two days a week 'living the dream' and the rest of the week spent being cloyingly normal (or as normal as possible) in an office environment.

We got copies of our split 7" with the Art Goblins through the other week. To have my own (coloured) vinyl is an exciting thing indeed, and it's made the music come to life even more than the wonderful production of Ben-Paul Mingus Space had previously suggested that it would. We've started work on our second album, too - watch out for (renamed versions of) Imelda Marcos, Another World, and Bad Punk Song on a tiny record label near you at some point in the distant future. I've not written a thing for it yet. It's odd, really - I have plenty of material from recent (and not so recent events) that should lend itself well to lyrics, but the urge to put things down on paper seems to be lacking. I hope it returns soon for I'm quite a big fan of Imelda Marcos (the song, not the person) and it'll be nice to do it justice.

Stephen Ruffian xx
This e mail carries a disclaimer, a copy of which may be read at:  	 http://www.gmp.police.uk/mainsite/pages/copyright.htm 

No comments: